Introduction to HCG:
HCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin) is a medical weight loss program conceived by Dr. Simeons that involves a low calorie diet along with daily HCG injections just under the skin (subcutaneous). These injections are self-administered with a very small needle commonly used by diabetics. Please note that HCG is not the same as HGH, which is human growth hormone.
The HCG weight-loss program is not a crash diet when done properly, does not use stimulants, and is a safe, healthy way to lose weight rapidly. We see 80% of the participants (approx 400) lose between 20-25 lbs in 40 days, 15% lose between 15-20 lbs, and another 5% lose greater then 25 lbs or less than 15 lbs. It’s important to realize that weight lost on this program is mainly fat mostly around hip/abdomen and not muscle weight.
Your energy on the diet should not fall below its baseline, you should have good appetite control and maintain weight-loss off after diet completion. It’s important to emphasis that this diet does not stress the body when done properly. For example, doing HCG drops or not getting the right amount of HCG is not doing the diet properly.
The HCG diet may look like a crash diet but it’s very important to understand the affect of HCG on the body. HCG mobilizes the energy (calories) stored in fat tissue but in order to burn off this energy, a low 500-calorie diet must be followed. The total calories you are using for a day come from food (500) and mobilizing fat energy (500 or more) which amounts to approx 1,000 calories per day. This is not a starvation signal to the body.
When the body is stressed by starvation it slows metabolism, burns muscle and stores fat. A properly executed HCG program will not allow this stress and the body will maintain proper metabolism; burning fat not muscle while mobilizing fat reserves for energy.
HCG can be used to treat infertility or to promote weight loss depending upon the dosage. HCG is produced naturally to support the normal development of an egg in a woman’s ovary and stimulates the release of the egg during ovulation. HCG is used to cause ovulation and treat infertility in women as well as increase sperm count in men. The placenta produces HCG during pregnancy which functions to maintain a steady supply of food, mobilized from fat for the growing fetus.
The pioneer of this Weight-loss program is British endocrinologist Dr. Simeons. While studying and treating obesity for 40 years, Dr. Simeons found the reductions in appetite and weight loss were due to the effects of HCG regulating the function of the hypothalamus. The HCG diet is not only a healthy way to lose weight rapidly without stressing the body but will help to reset fat metabolism at the hypothalamus.
HCG Diet Program for Different Weight Loss Goals
For those needing to lose 10lbs or less it’s advised to do a 20-day series of HCG injections, along with a 500-calorie a day diet.
For those individuals that need to lose more than 15 lbs, it is advised to do a 40-day series of HCG injections, along with a 500-calorie a day diet. The average amount of weight loss for a 40-day series is expected to be approximately 20-25 lbs.
For those individuals who want or need to lose more than 30 lbs, a second series of 40 days is recommended after a 4-week break.
The Program is divided into 3 phases:
- 1. Loading or Waiting Phase
- To start the program for the first 2 days eat your normal diet while loading up on healthy oils and fats (i.e. olive oil, avocados, grass-fed beef and organic butter, etc) along with starting the HCG injection. The purpose is to fill normal fat reserves which helps to reduce hunger desires and it also allows the HCG time to start acting on fat stores. After the loading phase, the fuel your body needs comes from the 500 calories and the fat energy that the HCG is mobilizing.
- 2. Diet Protocol Phase
- Day 3 is the beginning of the 500-calorie diet and lasts from 20 to 40 days depending on your weight loss goal.
- 3. Maintenance Phase
- For the next 4 weeks after your last shot of HCG double up on the number of calories that you are eating. Include more healthy oils and fats along with complex carbohydrates like beans. The key is to stay away from sugar and starches during this time. A very low carbohydrate diet is a very important step because it takes 4 weeks to stabilize the new weight point.
- After a 4-week break you can repeat another cycle of the 40 day HCG diet. Generally, it’s best to take a break unless you really want to keep going than extending the diet another 20-40 days is allowed (discuss with practitioner). The purpose of the break is to prevent HCG resistance but this only means a higher dose is needed. This is also a good time to do a food challenge test to determine problems you may have with certain types of foods in your diet.
HCG Patient Success Spotlight:
As a person who enjoys an active and fun lifestyle I became very frustrated when I was unable to shed the pounds I had gained following the births of my two awesome children. I felt that if I just “did my best” then logically the weight would just come off. Not so. That’s when I found Maryann Simpson. I wanted to take my health to the next level so that I could be around to see my children’s children grow. At this point I had a pretty lofty goal for fat loss and I was feeling very intimidated since occasional clean eating and exercise weren’t exactly cutting it. I would have mild successes but nothing significant enough to improve my health. I had joint pain, sleeplessness, anxiety and many more adverse side effects from the extra weight I was carrying. Not to mention my favorite outfits no longer fit. This is when, with the help of Maryann, I decided to take control of my life and health and start her HCG program. I was ready, and willing to take this head on. Just one week into the program I felt so much better, sleeping like a rock and shedding weight fast! I was already starting to feel like myself again! And that fat loss success and healthy feeling just kept going through out the program. My experience with HCG is unparalleled with any other method of fat loss I’ve ever tried. It’s so motivating to get quick results and that keeps you going! With the help and guidance of Maryann, HCG worked wonders for me! I was able to dig deep and find the root causes that were preventing me from living that fun,
on-the-go lifestyle that I love! I am beyond grateful to have found this life changing program!! Can’t thank you enough Maryanne!
-Katie Byrnes, salon owner and stylist
Katie has lost 22 pounds!